If you are not afraid to be an original technology adapter, and you would like to get a front row seat to the next wave of computing and gaming experiences, then this review of the best virtual reality headsets in 2018 will make your dream happen. The headsets have been selected according to price, features, usability, and customer rating.
Best Virtual Reality Headsets Comparison Table
Top 10 Best Virtual Reality Headsets in 2018
Before we get into reviewing 10 of the best virtual reality headsets in 2018, we’ve created this table that focuses on the top 5 headsets on the market.
10. Merge VR/AR Goggle
This is one of the most expensive yet high-quality VR headsets on our best virtual reality headsets list. The Merge VR headset is designed to work with the smartphone you already have. It fits most Android and iOS devices, including HTC One M8, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, and LG G4, among others.
- Made of soft, flexible foam to comfortably contour to any face
- Durable material
- Lack of field depth
- The ventilation system lacks strength
9. LUPHIE 3D VR Headset
Get the most powerful VR goggles experience with the LUPHIE 3D VR Headset. This headset fits 4.7 to 6.2-inch smartphone screens, including iPhones 5/5S/6/6S/6Plus, and Android smartphones including HTC, LG, Sony, Samsung Galaxy, among others.
The headset comes with high-quality HIFI headphones to ensure soundproofing, as well as 360 surround sound.
- The adjustable headband makes it a perfect fit for different groups of people
- FOV of 120 ensures a good viewing experience
- The weight of the headset can be overwhelming
8. VRidium 3D Virtual Reality Headset
The VRidium Neo is a high-quality virtual reality headset that allows you to experience hours of entertainment, including immersive 3D images, or breathtaking VR with 360 split screen apps and videos. The headset is compatible with various mobile phones, enabling you to easily use the phone, share with friends, or buy as a gift.
Customers love the VRidium Neo, terming it as the best deal for turning your cell phone into a virtual reality headset.
- Its weight, focus adjustments, padding, super easy setup, and adjustable straps allow for convenient and comfortable use
- Excellent quality
- Picture might have issues lining up
7. Canbor VR Headset
The Canbor virtual reality goggles use optical lens technology, relying on aspheric resin lenses. There is a lens specifically designed to protect your eyes against the blue light coming from your phone, so that you can use the headset for longer periods of time without straining your eyes. The large field of view allows for a wide viewing angle, while the audio-video integration makes this an immersive VR headset.
- Adjustable strap for a comfortable fit
- Compatible with a wide variety of smartphones
- Perfect for kids
- Low volume
- Can be uncomfortable in the nose region
6. Pansonite VR Headset
The Pansonite VR headset is a bit on the expensive side, but its features are well worth the price. It is comfortable, it protects your eyes, it comes with a remote controller for easy access, and it has buttons for adjusting the focus and pupil distance. Its design also stands out due to its ergonomic shape, which makes wearing it a pleasurable experience. It fits almost all smartphones on the market, and it is compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems.
- Adjustable headband
- Removable cover for effective heat dissipation
- Works better with Android devices than iOS devices
- Would have worked better if it were a bit higher
5. VICTONY 3D VR Headset
Increase your reality virtually with the Victony 3D VR headset. This headset will help transform your smartphone into an ultimate 3D machine for movies and games. It works well with both Android and iOS VR apps. The cushion of the Victony 3D headset is soft, comfortable, and plush, and the front cover is easy to remove, allowing you to properly ventilate your phone for longer use.
- Very small and lightweight
- You can charge your phone while using it
- Leaves marks on your nose if used for too long
- The image can be less clear on iPhones
4. DESTEK V4 VR Headset
The DESTEK VR headset has a 103-degree field of view, which makes your experience feel all the more real. This, couples with the clarity of the image, offer great immersion into the virtual reality world. The lenses protect you against the blue light emitted by your device, and the Bluetooth remote controller allows you to play games in a comfortable manner, without having to use buttons on the actual headset.
- Comfortable to wear
- Easy to adjust
- Does not have many good apps that you can use with it
3. Sytros Premium Virtual Reality VR Headset
The Sytros VR Headset is designed to offer the best conceivable VR experience on any Android or iPhone device. The high-quality lenses have a wide viewing angle, able to provide the best possible picture from a smartphone. The pupil distance and the focal distance can easily be adjusted to provide the ultimate 3D immersive experience.
- You can use the headsets with your eyeglasses on
- Made with super soft, comfortable foam that supports the eyes
- Not compatible with all smartphones
- You may need to adjust the straps frequently
2. TaoTronics 3D VR Headset
Whether it is for watching high-resolution images or gaming, the TaoTronics 3D VR Headset will let you be immersed in the middle of the action. The headset has an anti-distortion aspheric lens that minimizes eyestrain and lets you have a more pleasant experience of up to 30% longer.
- Has adjustable focal settings to allow you to adjust the focus that best suits your visual needs
- Offers easy and safe access to your smartphone
- It might hurt your nose if worn for too long at a time
- The phone holder often presses on your phone’s side buttons, depending on what phone you use
1. Leelbox 3D VR Glasses
The Leelbox VR headset is a very comfortable headset, with an excellent strap that makes it stay on well. The strap allows you to adjust the headset in three different places, and this gives you a cool, clear picture. Unlike other cheap headsets that give a blurry, double vision, this headset really lets you experience virtual reality on a budget.
The Leelbox headset has a high-quality lens that offers good clarity. All in all, this product makes for a perfect gift idea that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
- Easy to use
- Has universal size options
- Comes with comfortable padding
- Does not fit the iPhone 6 Plus as stated
- Some people have reported feeling dizzy after using it
This sums up our list of the 10 best virtual reality headsets in 2018. Choose the headset that fits your price range and usability, and kick start your journey to enjoying the best VR experience. Feel free to share your thoughts on the list above. You can also tell us about any other best virtual reality headsets worth mentioning.