Virtual reality seems to be one of the most popular things in the 2017 gaming world, especially after the launch of over 50 PSVR games by Sony. Brands such as HTC Vive, Sony Playstation VR, and Oculus Rift have contributed to the breakthrough into the VR world by providing 3D games to people’s homes. Below are some of the best virtual reality games to watch out for in 2017, based on ratings and user reviews. We’ve included both more expensive and affordable options.
10. Eve: Valkyrie
You can live the elite fighter pilot dream with Eve: Valkyrie. The re-cloned pilot in the game shoots the rivals into pieces, and takes what is theirs. The fantasy and thrill of playing in close quarters with all the battleships and asteroids surrounding you make the gaming experience amazing.
- The game comes with beautiful visuals, fully customizable space ships, and daily challenges, keeping you occupied for a long time
- The game offers both Rift and PS VR players a chance to play together online
- The game is still in its developmental stages, which might limit the player
9. RIGS Mechanized Combat League
This is a PS VR exclusive game that is a mixture of a death match and sport. The player has to earn points by shooting the opponents and collecting their tokens. The players move to the next stage, where their task is to score goals by ripping through a ring found on top of the arena.
- The online multiplayer game offers a unique arena to the players, while the challenging sports modes make the game enjoyable
- The game causes the FPS controls to produce weird sounds that are quite irritating to most people
The original game launched in 1980, and it has now become a full virtual reality game thanks to Rebellion and Play Station VR. The tank-based combat game allows the player to turn the enemy tanks, flying machines, and drones into explosions.
- It has neon-soaked cities, and colorful combat and sci-fi landscapes that make the game more exciting to play
- The hostile battle zone created by the game may not be appropriate for children
7. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Resident Evil 7 allows you to play through a horrific experience, by navigating through and backtracking your way in a haunted mansion. It has proven to be one of the scariest VR games of the year, especially while playing through a PS VR.
- It provides a variation from the common racing and action games for horror lovers
- The tense atmosphere that the game creates is not ideal for children playing the game
6. Robinson: The Journey
This is a more expensive virtual reality game, but one that is quite enjoyable. Robin, a young boy, crash-lands in an alien planet filled with dinosaurs, and has many secrets to unravel. The game gets exciting when the player encounters the dinosaurs, or when he watches the harmless herbivores fly in space.
- The vibrancy created by the game make it more enjoyable than most virtual games
- The game is quite lengthy than most VR games, which can lead to a loss of interest
Virtual reality racing with the most high-end cars on the planet would be one of the best experiences in the world. The screeching of tires, roaring engines, and the screaming from the crowd makes the player feel like they are participating in a real racing game.
- It seems very realistic, which is not something all VR games manage to achieve
- Returning players have to restart the game from scratch, rather than move to the next level
4. VR Worlds
This game is a collection of mini-games including Scavengers Odyssey, Ocean Descent, London Heist, VR Luge Feel, and Danger Ball. The London Heist remains a favorite for most players, due to its brilliant and engaging features. The compulsion to post high scores on the leaderboards, and the quality of gunplay on the game keeps the player occupied for a long time. We’ve reviewed the VR Worlds game, if you want to check out a more detailed account.
- It is a collection of different mini-games, so you get more options in just one game
- The mini games may be a little less compelling to most players
3. Eagle Flight
Eagle Fight is one of the best virtual reality games, allowing the player to soar through the skies of Paris. This game has a maximum of six players who experience a free flight in the skies together, and win a prize. The players have to pilot, dive, and fly as fast as possible over the beautiful Paris landmarks, and emerge as winners in the end.
- One can view Paris at a different angle other than the standard ground level.
- Some players who are used to adrenaline-filled VR games might find this a bit boring
2. Batman: Arkham VR
This is one of the best virtual reality games for everyone who wants to live the Batman fantasy at least once in their lives. You can achieve this by just purchasing this game. The players immerse themselves into the Dark Knights Universe wearing gloves, a mask, and the Caped Crusader chest piece for about two hours.
- The game focuses more on detective skills, rather than action, hence providing a learning experience
- It is only limited to PlayStation VR use
1. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
This game will have your adrenaline levels rising, due to the terrifying visuals that come with it. The player encounters faceless zombies, clowns, tortured pigs, and blood scenes. The players enjoy a short roller coaster ride from the twisted circus ringmaster, through the demented world.
- It is the wisest choice for anyone seeking maximum fun
- The game can strike fear even in people used to horror scenes
Every gamer should consider getting at least one of these ten best virtual reality games, depending on their preference. The games come in different varieties, including horror, racing, action, investigation, and more. Some games are playable on both PCs and PlayStations, while others are limited to only one platform. Feel free to suggest other games, or comment on the list of best virtual reality games above.