Virtual reality seems to be the most popular thing in the 2017 gaming world after the launch of over 50 PSVR games by Sony. Brands such as HTC Vive, Sony Playstation VR, and Oculus Lift have contributed to the breakthrough in the VR world by providing 3D games to people’s homes. Below are some of the best virtual reality games to watch out for in 2017. The ranking runs from the highly priced to the most affordable.
10. EVE: Valkyrie
You can live elite fighter pilot dream with EVE Valkyrie. The re-cloned pilot in the game shoots the rivals into pieces and takes what is theirs. The fantasy and thrill of playing in the close quarters of the space with all the battleships and asteroids surrounding you make the gaming experience amazing.
- The game comes with beautiful visual, fully customizable space ships, and daily challenges keeping you occupied for a long time.
- The game offers both Rift and PS VR players a chance to play together online.
- The game is still in the developmental stage limiting the player to other possibilities in a game.
9. Rigs Mechanized Combat League
This is a PS VR exclusive game that provides a mixture of a death match, and sport that comes later. The player has to earn points by shooting the opponents and collecting their tokens. The players move to the next stage where their task is to score goals by ripping through a ring found on top of the arena.
- The online multiplayer game offers a unique arena to the players while the challenging sports modes make the game enjoyable.
- The game produces weird sounds of the FPS controls that are quite irritating to most people.
The original game launched in 1980 and it has now become a full virtual reality game thanks to Rebellion and Play Station VR. The tank-based combat game allows the player to turn the enemy tanks, flying machines, and drones into explosions.
- It has neon-soaked cities and the colorful combat and sci-fi landscapes that make the game more exciting to play.
- The hostile battle zone created by the game may not be appropriate for children.
7. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Resident Evil 7 allows you to play through a horrific experience by navigating through and backtracking your way in a haunted mansion. It has proven to be the scariest game of the year among all the VR games especially while playing through a PS VR.
- It gives a variation from the common racing and action games for the horror lovers.
- The tense atmosphere that the game creates is not ideal for the children playing the game.
6. Robinson: The Journey
This is one of the best virtual games with an affordable price. Robin, a young boy, crash-lands in an alien planet filled with dinosaurs and has many secrets to unravel. The game gets exciting when the player encounters the dinosaurs or when watching the harmless herbivores fly in the space.
- The pro-life and the vibrancy created by the game make it more enjoyable than most virtual games.
- The game is quite lengthy than most VR games leading to a loss of interest in between the game.
Virtual reality racing with the most high-end cars on the planet would be the best experience in the world. The screeching of tires, roaring engines, and the screaming from the crowd makes the player feel like they are participating in a real racing game.
It gives something closer to the reality that may lack in most games.
- The returning players have to restart the game from scratch rather than move to the next level.
4. The World VR Game
The game is a collection of mini-games including the Scavengers Odyssey, Ocean Descent, the London Heist, VR Luge Feel, and Danger Ball. The London Heist remains a favorite for most players following its brilliant and engaging feature. The compulsion to post high scores on the leaderboards and the quality of gunplay on the game keeps the player occupied for long.
- It is a collection of different mini-games in one entity.
- The mini games may be a little less compelling to most players than the London Heist and the Deep.
3. Eagle Flight
Eagle Fight is one of the best virtual reality games allow the player to soar through the skies of Paris. The adrenaline-filled game has a maximum of six players who experience a free flight in the skies together and win the price. The players have to pilot, dive and fly as fast as possible over the beautiful Paris landmarks and emerge the winners at the ends.
- One can view Paris at a different angle other than the standard ground level.
- It converts players into eagles, which would be impossible in real world.
2. Batman: Arkham VR Game
Everyone wants to live the Batman fantasy at least once in his or her lives. You can achieve this with as little as purchasing this game. The players immerse themselves into the Dark Knights Universe wearing gloves, a mask, and the Caped Crusader chest piece for about two hours.
- The game utilizes more of the detective skills rather than action hence providing a learning experience.
- It is only limited to PlayStation VR use.
1. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
The game will have your adrenaline levels rising a bit higher due to the terrifying stuff that comes with it. The player encounters faceless zombies, clowns, tortured pigs, and blood scenes. The players enjoy a short roller coaster ride from the twisted circus ringmaster through the demented world.
- It is the wisest choice for anyone seeking maximum fun.
- The game strikes fear even to the trigger-happy arcade shooter fans.
Every gamer should consider getting one of the ten best virtual reality games depending on their preference. The games come in different varieties including horror, racing, action, investigative ones, among others. Some games are playable by both PC’s and PlayStation VR games while others are limited to one platform. Feel free to include more games, information, or a comment on the list of the virtual reality games above.